Oct 11, 2013

Two years down the road

Wanted to blog this for awhile, but didn't get the mood right and doesn't have time for blogging session.
Take this opportunity to write it down...at least to let go abit before officially exploded.... 

4 years ago before joining O, i was in R.a company which have complex organization hireachy where i was reported to AM, Manager and DMM. I've no problem reporting to multiple bosses.... to me i only need to report to my direct boss which is AM. But things goes blardy wrong where all this so called bosses are giving all sort of opinion of the same task which the direction is different from one to another.... To put in some example,

Let's say, we are doing on some evaluation where there are ~20 DOEs need to be done.
AM said: Focus on 10 top DOEs, the rest of DOEs is not particularly related in such a way
M said: You cannot ignore the other 10 DOEs as well. Please do as well
DMM said: Do you look into other perspective? which is 2 (perspectives) x 20 DOEs
Which mean, now after getting all their opinions... I've to do it all
Come guys... you're blardy hell experience which are high paid exec and you proposing all the DOEs to be done? What a joke... then may as well hire a fresh grad which also can propose same stuff like what you did.
To put it in short... these bosses are giving all sort of opinion and direction which make me goes haywire. With this kinda management, I left with exactly 2years experience in my bag...
(Remark: I have a good direct superior where he gave the freedom to run the show and provide guidance at critical times)

Took a huge gamble, i went from a superior who let me run the show myself to a lady superior which is of the type of micro managed. Didn't go well with her, couple with the culture and work environment.... i find it hard to adapt, became a little passive and defensive.... Decision which i made was questionable from head to toe (micro managed) and she's pretty much interested on the process rather than the final result... my confidence dipped drastically and work get dragged for long (bad impression)
A little bit of re-org, i've to report to her deputy but yet it doesn't seem like direct reporting.... all system signature still need to go thru her and all work stuff still need to report to her... So now i have to report the same issue or finding or whatever info to both of them... If their direction and opinion is different, do i need to do double work? and it's more like redundant to review with both persons when only the higher one need to put the signature in it  I'm feeling like I'm dwelling back to the situation when i was in R... I've to bring this up and maybe it's time to pull the plug again!!!

Regards,
Angry Employer